Monday 24 October 2011

Label M Resurrection Style Dust

This little pot of what looks like (expensive!) salt is my hair lifesaver!  I have very fine hair which is a nightmare to volumise and this product has saved the day on more than one occasion.  It is essentially a dry shampoo but it far outclasses my Bastiste to the point where I have bought a pot to keep in my draw at work for when I need to refresh my hair for impromptu after work drinks!

You use it in the same way that you would use a dry shampoo, sprinkling a little of the powder along your hairline, being careful not to get any on your clothes as otherwise it gives the not so chic impression that you have dandruff!  You then massage it in gently with your fingertips at the roots and this seems to activate it and give you AMAZING volume!  You do have to be careful not to overdo it though as otherwise you will sport the ‘dragged through a hedge' look. 

I primarily use this if I am going on a night out or if I am heading out straight after work as I find it absorbs the oils in my hair to mattify it whilst at the same time providing volume and a gently mussed up look.  It is also useful in that if you want a bit more volume later in the evening you can just do a quick massage at the roots with your fingertips and  poof, you have more volume!  Your hair will feel a tiny bit sticky where you have applied the resurrection dust and you will need to use a good cleansing shampoo afterwards to replenish the moisture and wash out all the product – I like Label M’s Honey and Oatmeal Shampoo which I will be reviewing shortly. 

Verdict
Although essentially an updated dry shampoo, I feel this works much better than Bastiste for me.  The ability to reactivate the volume whenever I feel like it by gently massaging the roots, plus the fact that it is odourless and gives amazing results, makes this a winner.  It lasts forever as well, as I bought it at the beginning of the summer and use it several times a week fairly liberally and still have around half left.  Before I found this I was getting through tons of Bastiste and this is also a lot more portable than even the travel size cans of dry shampoo.  If you have fine hair that requires frequent washing, you must buy this!
5/5  

Price - £10
Where to buy - Look Fantastic, Toni & Guy Salons

6 comments:

  1. I have this and i looovveee it! lasts forever too!!
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Dust It and I really like what it does to my hair but it makes it feel a bit icky, is this better?

    xxx

    www.sunshine-rainbows-and-ribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren-Ella - I haven't tried Dust It but I suspect it is the same sort of product. It does leave a slightly tacky, paste sort of sensation at the roots, particularly if you use a lot, so if you aren't fond of Dust It, this probably won't be for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another item on my list I really want to try at some point. Thanks for the link on where to get it I was a bit lost before Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this sounds really good, I usually just use batiste but think I'll have to give this a try! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant review, found you by googling the bed head sugar dust review which led me to this little gem! Followed you and looking forward to reading the rest of your blog xx
    Claire
    Prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete