Monday 19 December 2011

Red Lips Week: Becca Glossy Lip Tint in Grenadine

As we are now in the week before Christmas and I am starting to feel ever so slightly more festive, I thought I would do a short series on red lips.  Until a year or so ago, I would never have worn anything remotely red on my lips, but these days I have branched out of my comfort zone, explored some of the other options available and I'm now perfectly comfortable to rock a red lip.

Today, I am showing you Becca's Glossy Lip Tint in Grenadine.  I bought this lipgloss on a whim from Beauty Bay quite some time ago when they were on offer.  Although it looks quite scary in the tube, it is actually pretty wearable and is an easy way to ease yourself into a red lip.

Becca say that this is 'A long lasting translucent gloss that delivers radiant shine with a splash of colour and is completely non-sticky'.
The applicator is a brush which is not my favourite type of applicator but it does the job well, distributing the product evenly across the lips.  It is a gorgeous shimmery deep berry red, almost like a ripened strawberry colour, with no discernible shimmer.  It is not super sticky which is very good on windy days!  I also find I get around 2-2.5 hours wear with this which is very unusual for me with a gloss.  

Verdict
This gloss glides on very easily and is just as pigmented on the lips as the swatch above.  For those of you who are unsure about wearing red lips, this is a good way to ease yourself into them as you can build up the intensity according to your comfort level and it also good for wearing on more casual, less formal occasions. I will certainly be purchasing more of Becca's Lip Tints in the future, based on the quality and pigmentation of Grenadine.
5/5

Price - £18
Where to Buy - Becca

5 comments:

  1. A bit pricey but the colour is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colour and great review x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colour looks lovely. its good that its not that sticky as i hate that, will have to keep an eye out for them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hafsa - Yes, it isn't the cheapest gloss but certainly one of the most pigmented I have tried and they feel really good quality.

    Sandra - thank you, I really love this gloss.

    Danielle - I too hate sticky glosses!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very glossy and a lovely colour! Xx

    ReplyDelete