Friday 6 January 2012

2011 Favourites: Part 2 - Hair and Body

Moving onto the second part of my 2011 favourites with Hair and Body.  If you missed the first part with my favourite makeup products, you can see that here.
 

Hair Products
TiGi Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner

I have flirted with many other shampoos and conditioners but always come back to this one, plusthey both smell amazing - I get chocolate orange from them although I'm sure they've changed the scent recently as I'm positive the conditioner used to smell of pineapple!  They stop my coloured hair going brassy and the shampoo always seems to remove all traces of products and buildup, whilst the conditioner adds and retains moisture without weighing down my locks.


Styling Product - Label.M Resurrection Dust

Although there are many products that produce a similar result for cheaper, I love this product as it gives volume to my fine lifeless hair in an instant. I also love the fact that I can re-volumise my hair later on in the day or evening by massaging at the roots to give more lift.


Skin and Body Care
Body Scrub – Korres Watermelon Body Scrub
www.lookfantastic.co.uk

I love the scent of this scrub! It wakes me up in the morning with a zing (or at least as much of a zing as I can muster at 6.30am!) and is sufficiently scrubby whilst still being moisturising.


Moisturiser – Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
www.clinique.co.uk

Light enough to use on my oily / combination skin without turning it into an oil slick, this has been my favourite moisturiser for the last couple of years. I usually need to change up to something heavier in the winter but as we have had a fairly mild winter this year so far, this has been sufficient.

Eye Cream – Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/
This was the first eye cream I tried and it has remained my favourite, despite trying out a few others this year. It sinks in easily and leaves no residue. My only grumble is that it comes in a pot, and I would much prefer a tube for hygiene reasons.

Hand Cream – Palmers Cocoa Butter Hand Lotion

I am constantly applying hand cream and Palmers is cheap, portable and smells good enough to eat! It is also very moisturising without being greasy and sinks in quickly, all essential qualities for a good hand cream!

Foot Cream -Body Shop Intensive Foot Rescue
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk
Years of wearing inappropriate footwear and doing a fair amount of running have meant that my feet tend to suffer quite a bit. This is the thickest, most luxurious foot cream I have come across and I love to slather it on my feet and pop a pair of socks on to give some moisture to my poor tootsies!
 
That completes the round up of my products of the year! Let me know what your favourites were!



No comments:

Post a Comment