Saturday 28 January 2012

Saturday Samples #3


This week's Saturday samples products are again a bit of a mish-mash and have all been sitting, unloved, in my sample box for a wee while.

Dr Organic Bioactive Skincare Organic Rose Otto Skin Lotion
This was only a small sample but I managed to make it last a couple of days, only using it on a targeted area (my dry elbows and arms!).  It moisturised nicely, although I did feel it took rather a lot of rubbing in to absorb fully.  The rose scent also evoked strong memories of collecting rose petals and putting them in a jar when I was younger in an attempt to make perfume (did anyone else ever do this?!).  All very nice but not what I want to smell of for the following couple of hours after using it.  I prefer more sophisticated rose scents that smell a little more complex.
Price - £7.19
Where to Buy - Holland and Barrett


Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Creme
This cream claims to be a godsend to dry, thirsty skin and I have to admit from the outset that I am not the correct target audience for this product.  It is very rich and would be perfect for winter skin or if you have been outside a lot and need to add something soothing to your skincare routine.

I tried using it as a night cream, rather than twice daily as suggested, but it was still a little rich for my combination skin.  I have, instead, been smoothing it on my neck and chest, which usually get less attention from me on a daily basis and it is definitely making the area feel smoother.  Perhaps one to try if you have very dry skin.

Price - From £18.50

Biotherm Aquasource Levres  SPF8
I've been testing this lip balm out for the past week and I'm rather pleased with its performance.  It has a faint fruity scent and glides on as a clear gloss - great to just slick on if you are popping out to the shops or if you don't want to wear a bright lip.  I haven't found it as moisturising as other similar balms such as Lanolips, but it does a fair job and the addition of an SPF is a welcome bonus, although SPF8 cannot really offer enough protection for your lips in high summer.

The main issue I have with this product is the price.  I couldn't justify spending  £13 on something that does effectively the same job as a much cheaper product and for that reason, I wouldn't purchase a full-sized tube.

Price - £13.28
Where to Buy - Boots


Thanks for reading and hope you are having a good weekend.

Victoria
x

5 comments:

  1. Haha yea I did the rose peatle thing I used to put them in water and randomly steal my mums herbs for cooking and whak them in aswell fun times x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe - ah good to see someone else did this - I used to leave the jar somewhere, forget about it and find it 3 weeks later when it had gone all rancid and moldy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that brings back memorys!! Yea mouldy rose juice mm ha, I used to be like here mum I made u some perfume .....Erm thanks zoe that's delicious :/ she never did use it xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the Dr Organic Rose Otto Range. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are good quality for the price.
      x

      Delete