Monday 16 April 2012

Chanel Illusion d' Ombre in Mirifique

When they were initially launched, I purchased three of Chanel’s Illusion d’Ombres in quick succession (review here). I was also very tempted by the black shimmer shade, Mirifique, but due to funds, I decided to hold off for a while.

Recently I caved in and bought it and here it is!

The packaging for the Illusion d’Ombres is standard Chanel – luxurious, heavy glass pots which look very ascetically pleasing. The eyeshadow comes with a small brush for application, but I tend to use my fingers to apply and only use the brush for lining.


As you can see from the swatch, the shadow initially looks very pigmented, however it can easily be sheered out to provide a less bold look. The shimmer is what I would term a ‘grown-up shimmer’, not so sparkly that it leaves you looking like you have dived into a bucket of glitter, but subtle enough to provide extra interest and dimension to your look.
I’ve covered the consistency of the product in my previous review – its very soft and is essentially a cream shadow, which blends quickly and easily to help you achieve your desired look. You do have to work quite fast when blending as it sets very quickly and once set, it is budge-proof for the remainder of the day!

I find lasting time with the Illusion d’Ombres is generally very good. When used with primer, Mirifique easily lasts through an eight-hour day, although without primer, I only get around half this time, but I have exceptionally oily lids. When used as a liner, the shadows last all day without migrating or fading. My favourite way to wear Mirifique is probably as a liner, smudged along my bottom lash line, although I have been experimenting recently with pairing it with dark grey shadows and using it to smoke out at the outer corner.

Verdict
Like the other shades amongst the Illusions d’Ombres, this doesn’t really have any particular faults. It is pigmented and easy to apply, staying put throughout a whole day without migrating, fading or creasing. The only downsides to Mirifique would be the price, which is pretty high, although in line with other products from Chanel’s range, and the fact that you need to ensure you screw the lid on VERY tightly to ensure the shadow does not dry up. This is common with all cream shadows but it especially seems to be the case with Chanel’s Illusion d’Ombres. All in all, a recommended buy if you enjoy perfecting a smoky eye look or if you fancy adding a sophisticated edge to your everyday liner.
4/5

Price – £22.50

4 comments:

  1. I have this and I love it so much! I want more from the range, am jealous of your three!

    Emma xo
    www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like all of mine, they are so easy to use when I'm in a hurry!

      Delete
  2. This looks fabulous and so pigmented. I would love to try these and think I will when funds are a bit better. I bet you pleased as punch having them all now :) xxx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love these and I wear them a lot as they are so easy to use. They are permanent so they should be around for a while.
      x

      Delete