Wednesday 18 April 2012

Maybelline The Smoother Instant Anti-Age Primer

I never paid much attention to primers until a couple of years ago, when I discovered they could magically stop my makeup from disappearing,  and could help to keep  the oilies at bay!

Today I am looking at Maybelline's Anti-Age Primer 'The Smoother'. The first thing I have to say about this product is that it contains silicones, so if you find they break you out, or if you dislike the obviously silky, siliconey feel, then this primer will not be for you. I personally really like these kinds of primers though as I feel they go some way towards smoothing out all the lumps and bumps on my skin.
The product comes in a pot which looks to be fairly minute in size, however you only need a minuscule amount to cover your entire face so I can see it lasting a while. As a personal preference, I do tend to prefer products that come in tubes rather than pots but again, that is just one of my little quirks!

The primer appears as a translucent, thick gel which is invisible when applied. It smoothes on easily, (thanks to those silicones!) and feels very light on the skin. I could hardly tell I was wearing it! It claims to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines, and whilst I couldn't really say it fulfills either of these promises, it did make my skin feel velvety smooth.
My foundation applied smoothly too, and I did find it applied a little easier than if I had not used a primer. In terms of extending my foundation's wear, it performed adequately lasting around seven hours before I saw any evidence of wear or movement. Without primer, foundation usually only lasts a few hours on me so this definitely extended the wear time.

Verdict
For a drugstore primer, this is a good product at a great price. Is it any better than other similar drugstore products such as L'Oreal's Studio Secrets primer? I'm not sure, but it is very affordable and  certainly  performs well for it's very reasonable price.  If you are happy using silicone primers, I would suggest giving it a go!

Price - £7
Where to buy - Boots, Superdrug 

No comments:

Post a Comment