Monday 28 May 2012

The Body Shop Strawberry and Lemon Body Butters


I hope you have been enjoying the warm weather that has finally arrived in the UK and have been remembering to wear your SPF - I spotted a lot of people looking rather lobster-like in the park this weekend, who were probably  feeling rather sore this morning.....

In the Summer, I am fastidious about applying my sun protection and never go anywhere when it is remotely warm without first slathering myself in lotion.  Having spent a large amount of time outdoors over the past week, I have also been ensuring my skin remains well-moisturised after being exposed to the sun, which is where my favourite Body Butters come into play.


The Body Shop has a large range of Body Butters, the majority of which smell AMAZING!  Today, I am going to do a quick review of the two I have been using recently - Strawberry and Lemon.

The Strawberry is aimed at normal / dry skin but I would say that all Body Butters are suitable for all skin types.  The scent of the Strawberry Body Butter reminds me of strawberry milkshakes and it honestly smells so good I just want to eat it!  I find the scent tends to stick around for about an hour, but becomes more subtle when you have rubbed it in, so there is no need to worry about going about your day smelling like a giant strawberry!


The Lemon Body Butter is my favourite of the ones I have tried from The Body Shop so far, but I adore all of the lemon scented products from the Body Shop.  The scent is so refreshing and 'clean', and really makes me feel that Summer has arrived.  If you like fresh, simple scents for your perfumes, you would probably like this. 

One thing I will mention is that a little goes a long way and the consistency of these Body Butters is divine - they just seem to melt in your hands and are absorbed into the skin super-quick.  There is no waiting around for ages for them to soak into your skin before dressing.


Verdict
If you are looking for a body moisturiser that absorbs quickly into your skin, delivers real results and comes in a variety of fragrances and scents, The Body Shop Body Butters should be one of your first ports of call.  If neither of these scents here appeal, take a trip to one of The Body Shop stores and have a sniff through their range, as there is bound to be one that entices you.
5/5

Price - from £5
Where to Buy - The Body Shop

Have you tried any of The Body Shop Body Butters?
Which is your favourite?

11 comments:

  1. I love The Body Shop body butters! I'm on a mission to try every single scent - maybe I'll try lemon next, as it seems a great choice for summer!

    http://beautifulsmudges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working my way through them all too! The lemon is gorgeous and fresh.
      x

      Delete
  2. I've tried the strawberry body butter in the past and I was really impressed with it - a little of it goes a long way. I'm a big fan of all things lemons so certainly doing to keep a look out for the lemon body butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it and yes, they last forever!
      x

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of the lemon one, I love anything lemony! My skin is really dry since getting pregnant and I am getting through lotions and creams at a rate of knots, so might have to pick this up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the lemon one it sounds gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not had these for ages, im still using up my christmas stash of body lotions but I miss the Passion Fruit scent! Need to pick one up again, Laura x

    http://secrets-de-beaut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I haven't tried that one, it sounds yummy!
      x

      Delete
  6. wow..i will buy both of these..i love TBS body butters..have spiced vanilla, blueberry & moringa
    next on my list are these two ^_^

    <3bidisha
    http://glisteningkaleidoscopiceyes.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all too, haven't tried Blueberry yet though. Think my favourite so far out of all of them has been mango.
      x

      Delete