Tuesday 1 May 2012

What Other Types of Blogs Do You Read?

I used to read shed loads of magazines on a variety of different topics, but since discovering blogs I only really buy mags when I'm going on holiday or on  a long flight.  Blogs have allowed me to read much more up-to-date information on topics on which I am interested, and for me, this doesn't just stop at beauty.  Here are a few of the other topics that I am interested in.

Travel
A family of Elephants at the Elephant Nature Park in Thailand - we were standing right next to them!

I love travelling and often spend time dreaming up my perfect holiday when I don't even have enough cash to pay for a meal out at the end of the month!  I live vicariously through other people's blogs and I adore discovering new blogs with pictures that can transport you in an instant to a place, helping you to imagine both sights and smells from the comfort of your sofa.

Two  of my most read travel blogs are:
C'est Christine, a female solo traveller who writes candidly about her travels and has fabulous pictures.
Never Ending Footsteps,  I love Lauren's friendly writing style and I have especially been enjoying her recent Thailand posts and reliving my trip there last year.

Fashion

Like many beauty bloggers, I also love clothes and although I wouldn't feel confident enough to style a look and post it myself, I admire those who can, and produce unique, stylish outfits on a daily basis.

A couple of my favourite fashion blogs are::
Kingdom of Style, whose style is very different from my own but she has a knack for discovering amazing little-known brands and I love some of the jewellery she posts about.
A Little Bird Told Me, fab vintage eclectic style, I wish I could put together an outfit like Jen.  I love that everything she puts together is affordable or from charity shops too.


Local Food  / Lifestyle 
Forth Rail Bridge, just outside of Edinburgh
I am not the cook in our household, preferring to bake cakes rather than slave over a hot stove after a long day at work!  I do however love reading local blogs highlighting cafes and restaurants near where I live and its a great way of discovering new and exciting new eateries.  

I also enjoy reading local blogs that highlight events and activities in my area and one that I would recommend browsing for any visitor to Edinburgh is Edinburgh Spotlight.  Filled with ideas on what to do in and around the city for all the family, I've discovered so much about my city thanks to this blog!  Its well worth a look through the archives, and they also post comprehensive reviews of what seems like hundreds of Edinburgh Festival shows during August.

What other types of blog do you like to read?
Do you have any recommendations?



4 comments:

  1. I love food blogs!
    http://essexeating.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://aweebitofcooking.co.uk/
    http://www.aldentegourmet.com/
    http://www.lemon-sugar.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - will take a look at them, I don't really cook much but love food!
      x

      Delete
  2. I only really read beauty blogs, I follow a few fashion blogs but mainly beauty.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I would say I follow predominantly beauty blogs but I do like to mix it up a bit too!
      x

      Delete