Now before I start, I have to admit this may be a bit of a 'gushing' post, but I've been blogging for just over six months now, and there has been so much I have learnt and enjoyed since I began. Here are five reasons why I love beauty blogging and the beauty blogging community.
1) It gives me an opportunity to obsess about new products and discuss them in minute detail with others. Many of my friends are rather ambivalent about makeup and beauty products, using the same tried and tested products day in, day out. For me, variety is the spice of life!
2) It gives me a creative outlet. I've always enjoyed writing and I find it stress-relieving at the end of a busy day to compose a blog post, especially when it is something that I feel passionately or strongly about.
3) I've discovered some amazing niche brands. Brands I would never have known about have now achieved holy grail status and have become daily staples, all thanks to reading other blogs.
4) I'm much more aware of the chemicals I am putting on my skin. I've been making a concerted effort to use organic and SLS free products and whilst I can't say that all my products are natural, I have found that with certain products, especially skincare, there have been significant improvements to my skin.
5) I've made some great friends through my blog. People, I may never otherwise have communicated with are those whom I interact with daily, whether it be through other blogs or on Twitter.
What do you love about beauty blogging or the beauty blogging community in general?